Space Sim "The Black Beyond" v0.20
- Implemented random events. Your decisions can have unintended consequences...so choose carefully!
- Implement a story system. Once your station grows enough, select a permanent corporate sponsor. Gain access to unique buildings as you help advance one faction's storyline.
- Revamped construction shaders to work better with combined models and to improve performance
- Fixed rotation. Press 'R' to rotate a structure after it has snapped to a connector.
- Improved power management. When the base has no energy, construction will pause and energy-consuming structures will turn themselves off until enough power is stored to flicker back on. Still has a few bugs.
Most of this update has been dedicated to the technical and design groundwork around events. In addition to expanding the lore and settings, choice-based events can make the trade system more contextual -- the price of water didn't just explode for no reason, it did so because of a drought you decided to secretly start...
With solid building, trade, and story mechanics, future updates will focus on optimizations, fixes, and expansion.
I will soon be promoting my game more aggressively as some final polish elements click into place, and will move the game from free to paid as I transition into the final stretches of development to finish this crazy thing! :)
- Rework the trade goods UI
- Implement more researchable unlocks
- Implement additional trade goods and factory structures
- Add 'luxury' housing and expand commercial structures
- Additional story development
- Expanded trade ships / trade ship crews will dock and visit tavern
- Improved drone / construction controls
Get The Black Beyond
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.