Cyberpunk Sci-fi Builder - 0.1.3
I am aggressively revamping the visuals and expanding mechanics. This update has many changes including new lighting & visuals and various changes to mechanics. I am moving The Black Beyond to a more cyberpunk-feel and emphasizing the sim/building aspects more than combat.
Next update will have a functional trade system, trains that travel through conduits, more goods, and more structures.
- Asteroids now have three different raw elements: carbon, water, and precious metals.
- New resources: precious metals, oxygen, hydrogen, kelp, and electronics
- Changes how resource incomes are calculated so that only energy is displayed as a "meter". -
- New UI should be cleaner overall and provides more structure info. A new build menu shows model previews.
- New lighting and visuals. Expanded "core" now allows for limited mining. Updated some building looks, like the residential towers.
- New connector models -- I'm currently working on a train system that will run through the connectors for next update, giving the city a much more lived-in feel.
- Groundwork for trade system -- you'll notice a pair of ships warping next to the core. This will be functional in the next update.
- Removed combat -- for now, you won't get attacked. While I may add combat back later, the amount of work required to make it good could be better spent expanding the economic and trade systems.
New Structures: -
- Kelp farm: produces kelp over time. Requires a worker drone to harvest.
- Electrolizer: uses electrolysis to convert water into hydrogen and oxygen. It requires a regular supply of water.
Get The Black Beyond
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.